At time of sale a dealership must declare:
- Is the vehicle suitable for transportation in compliance with the Motor Vehicle Act?
- Has the vehicle ever been used as the following: taxi, police vehicle, emergency vehicle, organized racing, lease vehicle or rental vehicle?
- Has the vehicle ever been registered outside British Columbia?
- Has the vehicle sustained damages requiring repairs totaling more than $2000?
- Where the vehicle is new, has the vehicle sustained damages requiring repairs more than 20% of the asking price of the vehicle?
- Does the odometer of the vehicle accurately report the true distance travelled by the motor vehicle?
The motor dealer must also declare that the motor vehicle meets the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Act, or if it is not suitable for transportation, must state that in all written representations about that vehicle.