Ongoing professional development is a component of licensing for every licensed profession in BC. This recognizes that every major profession benefits from updates regarding the legislation and practices that governs their work.
All licensees are required to update their knowledge of emerging issues at least every year. Licensees needing to meet the CE requirement will be notified by mail three months prior to their licence renewal.
To reduce time away from the dealership and the total cost, Continuing Education is an online, self-study module. The module is done entirely online and is intended to take approximately 90 minutes.
Course participants will need:
- A computer (NOT a tablet or phone)
- Adobe Flash Player installed (on 99% of computers and free)
- Computer speakers to hear videos and interviews
- A high-speed data connection (cable modem, etc.)
- A quiet, individual place to work, such as an office with a door
- If working from home, undisturbed time at the computer
- A modest level of competence with computers
The completion of the module is needed to fulfill the CE requirement. If the requirement is not met, the licensee will not be renewed.
The fee for the module is $55.
As online access to an active CE session is provided on the next business day following payment, course cancellation, transfer and substitution policies do not apply.