Please note that the VSA offices are closed until April 1st.
You are welcome to submit a salesperson application online, through mail or email during this time, however it will not be processed until after our offices reopen.
For more information, please see New Salesperson FAQs.
To apply in person, by mail or email:
Print and complete the Salesperson Application Package
Note: Employment at a dealership is not required in order to apply
To apply online:
Step 1. Have the following completed, scanned and ready to upload before you start
- If you are already employed, an Employment Authorization form signed by an authorized person at your dealership.
- Complete sections A, B & C before it is signed. Employment is not required to apply.
- Include color photo, submitted by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2” x 2” photo or selfie/headshot (in .jpeg format and no larger than 200kb)
- Provide a copy of your ID and proof of eligibility to work in Canada
Canadian Citizen Requirements – 2 Valid IDs, 1 must be a photo ID
- Canadian Passport
- Driver’s Licence
- Health Card
- Native Status Card
- Nexus Card
- BC ID
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
Non-Canadian Citizen Requirements – 2 Valid IDs, 1 must be a photo ID
- Permanent Resident Card
- Work Permit
- Study Permit
- BC ID
- Driver’s Licence
If you can’t submit a document to the Licensing Department through the online process:
- Email it to email@example.com
- Mail it or drop it off in person to Suite 280 – 8029 199th Street, Langley V2Y 0E2
- Please include your full name and date of birth with any documents.
Step 2. Completing the Online Application
Note: If you leave before you complete your application, the steps you have completed will be saved
- Click on the Online Salesperson Application
- Enter your personal email address to start
- Enter your FULL legal name as it appears on your driver’s licence or passport
- Complete all 11 steps and fill in all required fields including credit card payment
- Your application will NOT be processed until payment is received
- Send in documents not uploaded during the online process within 5 business days
- Applications without required statutory declarations, documents and payment will be abandoned.
Step 3. Returning to complete an Online Application
Log back in to the Online Salesperson Application by entering the Registration Number that was emailed
Step 4. To get payment receipts, register for a course and more
Once your application is complete, sign in to VSA Online Licensee Services using the username and
password that you registered with, for payment receipts, to register for the required Salesperson
Certification Course, update your contact information or renew your licence.