- Update the VSA with new contact information
- Contact information can be changed online. You will need a username and password.
- Employment by a licensed motor dealer
- Ensure a new employer sends in an Employment Authorization Form
- Criminal Record Check: Salesperson Licensing Criminal Record Policy
- Continued eligibility to work in Canada
- Payment of the annual licence fees
- Continuing Education as required by the Registrar
- The Salesperson Licensing Regulation and a condition of licensing requires that a salesperson surrender their licence for cancellation if they stop acting as a salesperson.
Your licence needs to be renewed once a year. A renewal notice will be mailed to your home or mailing address one month prior to your licence expiry date. You can renew online, no more than 30 days prior to your renewal date or submit a renewal form 0 kB by mail or fax. You can choose to renew for two years at a time (only available online).
Yes. You can save $30.00 by completing your renewal online and choosing to pay for two years.
Your new employer must send in an Employment Authorization form . Once it is received by the VSA, you will be sent a new licence showing you are at that dealership.
Yes. You can submit a new passport-sized photo once a year. Email it to email@example.com if it is no larger than 200 kb and in jpeg format. Or mail it or drop it off in person to Suite 280 – 8029 199th Street, Langley V2Y 0E2.
Still have a question?
We answer questions about new salespeople licenses on the New Salesperson FAQs page. If you still can’t find an answer, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you. We may include your question in the FAQ above to help other salespeople.